How to Order a Firearm
How to Order
Clay Shooters Supply Errors
Incorrect items: If a product is not the product that you ordered, Clay Shooters Supply will either replace the product or give you a full refund if returned within 10 days of receipt.
Inventory: Our firearms are listed online and in store. Our inventory does not reflect of what we have in store. If a gun is sold online and in store on the same day, we have the right to cancel any online orders that we can not fulfill.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all leadtimes are estimates.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Clay Shooters Supply reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship UPS and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Clay Shooters Supply directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Texas). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name into the 'Ship To' field.
- Find a dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don't know which dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer get us a copy of his signed license if we don't already have it on file. To check whether a license is on file, contact us. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a faxed or e-mailed copy of your dealers license! Print out this convenient coversheet, fill it out and give it to your dealer to fax with his license. That's all there is to it!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from us. If you used a dealer that we already had on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
Age Restrictions on Firearms
You must be 21 years of age to purchase a handgun or shotgun with a pistol grip. You must be at least 18 years of age to purchase a rifle or standard shotgun (without a pistol grip.)